member since 2023
Liz deBeer, a retired language arts teacher who resides in New Jersey, divides her time among her many passions, including reading, beach walking, volunteering, and experimenting with different writing genres. Liz has published in newspapers, teaching journals, and magazines, including The New Jersey English Journal and Lilith Magazine. She is currently working on young adult novels in book inc and is a member of The Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators as well as New Jersey Council of Teachers of English. You can learn more about Liz at her website: www.lizdebeerwriter.com.
Awards and Publications
- Winner of 2017 NCTE Affiliate Journal Award as co-editor of New Jersey English Journal, a peer-reviewed publication of the New Jersey Council of Teachers of English (NJCTE)
- March 1, 2015 | “Who Likes to Get Weighed? Reflections on Assessment by a Teacher and a Student” | New Jersey English Journal
- March 1, 2014 | “Advising New Teachers: Beware of the Stairs” | New Jersey English Journal
- August 1, 2003 | “Lord of the Flies and American Society” | Classroom Notes Plus: An NCTE Journal
- “Teachers’ Manual and Essays for America Now: Short Readings from Recent Periodicals”
- Wrote teacher’s manual and essays for teachers in 2nd, 3rd, & 4th editions of this college reader, which was edited by Robert Atwan.